General Academic Prerequisites
GAP tests general skills and aptitudes needed for successful completion of university studies. Contains 54 multiple-choice questions - you will have 80 minutes to solve them. Items are divided into two sections: Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning.
The Test of General Academic Prerequisites does not examine the applicant’s level of knowledge, but rather the ability and skill that determine whether a person can successfully study at university. The GAP test determines the most various operational, combinational, comprehension and other abilities which directly shape the learning process:
- work with text
- precise comprehension, vocabulary
- relationships within a text
- ability to differentiate meanings
- work with information
- logical consideration (precise comprehension, work with several conditions, conveyance of given conditions to new relationships)
- work with quantities (variables, operations...)
NCE tests are comparative - it is not necessary to answer all the questions to achieve a good result. About half of the correctly solved tasks should mean average result. From the school year 2022/2023 onwards, all questions are followed by only four options.
GAP from the February 4 - 2022 - Exam